Infographic: The Benefits of Meditation
The benefits of meditation include lower blood pressure, muscle tension relief, insomnia relief, reduced anxiety, less depression, less self-doubt, less internal chatter.
Meditation . . .
- Lowers blood pressure and slows down the cardiovascular system.
- Restores balanced function to the digestive system, thus aiding the absorption of nutrients.
- Relaxes the nervous system.
- Relieves muscle tension.
- Diminishes the intensity of headaches and migraines.
- Relieves insomnia.
- Frees the mind from self-doubt and internal chatter.
- Releases fears.
- Reduces anxiety.
- Improves depression.
- Generates optimism, self-esteem, confidence, and motivation.
The mission of AdoptUSKids, a service of U.S. Children’s Bureau, is two-fold: 1. To raise public awareness about the need for foster and adoptive families for children in the public child welfare system and 2. To assist U.S. states, territories, and tribes to recruit and retain foster and adoptive families and connect them with children. For more information, go to http://www.adoptuskids.org or call 800-200-4005.
Curator: John Kremer