Dr. Mehmet Oz’s 25 Best Health Tips
Here are 25 of Dr. Mehmet Oz’s best health tips as outlined in Men’s Health magazine.
1. Roll on the floor laughing your ass off (ROTF LMAO).
2. Don’t skip breakfast.
3. Hit the sack for at least 7 hours a night.
4. Admire your poop (it should be smooth and S-shaped).
5. Don’t pamper a bad back.
6. Eat the rainbow (foods with bright, rich colors).
7. Floss your teeth every day.
8. Breath deeply from your belly.
9. Do yoga every day. Attend a class to learn how.
10. Don’t be an island. Get support from others.
11. Skip the fad diets. Better: Lower your daily food intake by 100 calories.
12. Be a smart patient. Ask questions. Get second opinions.
13. Get rid of your beer belly.
14. Drink green tea daily.
15. Exercise until you sweat (at least once a week).
16. Save your money. Personal finance is the #1 stress in most people’s lives.
17 . Have sex as often as possible. It reduces stress and is great exercise.
18. Know your numbers: Aim to get your resting heart rate under 70, fasting blood sugar under 100, LDL cholesterol under 100, and blood pressure under 115 over 75.
19. Add some weights to your exercise routine. Pullups are a great option.
20. Eat nuts.
21. Do a breast check or testicle check regularly.
22. Dance, dance, dance. Great for your body and your brain.
23. Get on a treadmill. Exercise enough to burn 200 calories every day.
24. Learn to cook. That’s the easiest way to control what you eat.
25. Take supplements: Calcium, omega 3s, vitamin D, etc.
YOU On a Diet: The Owner’s Manual for Waist Management by Michael F. Roizen and Mehmet C. Oz
The One Acre Fund empowers farmers in Africa by providing them with skills and supplies to grow food and end hunger in their home countries. They have doubled farm income for every acre planted under their program. In 2012, they helped 130,000 families in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi. For more information, check out their website at http://www.oneacrefund.org.
Curator: John Kremer