Here are rules 1 to 20 of The Skinny Rules by Bob Harper
1. Drink a large glass of water before every meal. No excuses.
2. Don’t drink your calories.
3. Eat protein at every meal – or stay hungry and grouchy.
4. Slash your intake of refined flours and grains.
5. Eat 30 to 50 grams of fiber every day.
6. Eat apples and berries every single day. Every. Single. Day.
7. No carbs after lunch.
8. Learn to read food labels so you know what you are eating.
9. Stop guessing about portion size and get it right.
10. No more added sweeteners, including artificial ones.
11. Get rid of those white potatoes.
12. Make one day a week meatless.
13. Get rid of fast foods and fried foods.
14. Eat a real breakfast.
15. Make your own food and eat at least 10 meals a week at home.
16. Banish high-salt foods.
17. Eat your vegetables. Just do it.
18. Go to bed hungry.
19. Sleep right.
20. Plan one splurge meal a week.
THE LAST DIET BOOK YOU’LL EVER NEED
With so much conflicting weight-loss advice out there to confuse your efforts, it’s no wonder you haven’t been successful losing weight and keeping it off. But with Bob Harper, superstar trainer and co-host of NBC’s hit show The Biggest Loser as your personal authority and coach, you can and will finally shed the pounds—whether you want to lose two or two hundred!
Distilling Bob’s vast knowledge of nutrition, weight-loss strategy, and human nature down to twenty simple, nonnegotiable principles, The Skinny Rules will help you step away from a reliance on processed foods and the need for so much sweet and salt and step into a newly thin lifestyle. And Bob’s methods couldn’t be more straightforward.
Taking the guesswork out of implementing the Skinny Rules, Bob offers a month’s worth of menu plans and more than 90 delicious, rule-abiding recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks to keep you cooking and eating skinny for life. You’ll be happily astounded to see the variety and volume of the tasty food on your plate! He also includes terrific tips for what to stock in your fridge and what to prepare every weekend in order to set yourself up for success during your too-busy-to-cook weekdays.
A virtual GPS to your weight-loss goals, The Skinny Rules takes the mystery out of the process, offering the fastest route to your skinny destination.
LOSING WEIGHT IS NOW AS SIMPLE AS 1-2-3 . . . AND 3-15-18-20 TOO!
Rule #3: Eat protein at every meal, making some kind of fish your go-to protein as often as you can. Take your weight and divide it by two—that’s more or less how much protein you should be eating in grams every day.
Rule #15: Eat at least ten meals a week at home (and cook them yourself). Restaurant portions are usually 40 to 50 percent bigger than what you’d serve at home—the more you eat out, the more you overeat. Set yourself up for success by preparing my turkey meatballs, hummus, and roasted vegetables on the weekend so that you will have go-to staples and no excuses!
Rule #18: Go to bed slightly hungry. Denied fuel for more than five hours, your body will start burning its own fat and sugar. Make a point not to eat after dinner and you’ll be burning fat while you’re sleeping.
Rule #20: Enjoy a splurge meal once a week. Unlike episodic bingeing, splurge meals are an ingredient in your diet. When you plan something, you are in control.
From Bob Harper, the bestselling author of The Skinny Rules and Jumpstart to Skinny and the star of NBC’s ongoing smash reality show The Biggest Loser, comes 100 delicious new recipes (all of them under 330 calories!), a month of new menu plans, and indispensable shopping lists and cooking tips that all follow Bob’s practical strategies for getting thin!
THE TASTIEST MEALS FOR HELPING YOU LOSE WEIGHT—FAST!
In The Skinny Rules, super-motivator Bob Harper introduced the twenty nonnegotiable eating and lifestyle principles that pave the way to quick and permanent weight loss. Since then, thousands of fans asked for more guidance and inspiration! Skinny Meals answers the call, delivering 100 new Skinny Rules–abiding recipes (all of them under 350 calories!) and a month’s worth of new menu plans that will satisfy you at every meal. From an Apple Pie Shake for breakfast to Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Cream Sauce for dinner, Bob has done all the tricky calorie, protein, carb, sodium, and fiber counting so you can meet his Rules goals without even thinking about them! With easy, prepare-ahead strategies, handy shopping lists, and cooking tips, Skinny Meals is your ultimate guide to slimming down and staying fit. Just shop, chop, and enjoy!
Praise for Skinny Meals
“Skinny Meals rocked my world. . . . It’s not just a how-to book. It includes so many yummy food ideas that . . . it’s easy to get through the day without feeling like you’re denying yourself. . . . I may have found the diet book that changes my life.”—Books for Better Living
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • LOSE UP TO 20 POUNDS IN 21 DAYS!
In The Skinny Rules, celebrity trainer and coach of NBC’s The Biggest Loser Bob Harper delivers the ultimate strategy for healthy, long-term weight loss and “thin maintenance.” But what if you have a big event looming—a reunion, wedding, beach vacation, or other special occasion—and need a fast-acting plan to meet your short-term goals?
Jumpstart to Skinny features thirteen short-term Rules (no one gets thin on mere suggestions) that will supercharge your weight loss. Taking any confusion or decision making out of the equation, Harper also provides a day-by-day plan for success, including his body-toning “Jumpstart Moves” and deliciously slimming recipes specially designed for your get-skinny needs.
Jumpstart to Skinny lets you in on the secrets Bob shares with his red-carpet celebrity clients. This is not a marathon diet; it’s a quick sprint to the finish line. And the victory lap comes when you slip into that sexy dress or swimsuit and feel fantastic. Get started today!
THE FOUR-PART JUMPSTART PLAN TO A SKINNIER YOU
• Your Jumpstart Rules: Thirteen must-follow principles to get you ready for your own “big reveal,” including Rule #1, a precise breakdown of the proper protein/carbohydrate/fat proportions for every meal, and Rule #3, which explains why you need to just say no to complex carbs after breakfast during this three-week plan. These are the Rules that Bob Harper and his celebrity clients use to get ready for their big events—and now you’re in on the secrets, too.
• Your Jumpstart Day-by-Day: No decisions, no confusion! Here is the simple, three-week game plan: the food to buy and prepare ahead each week, when and how much to eat each day, and the when and how of your exercise schedule.
• Your Jumpstart Moves: Bob’s unique, twenty-minute, at-home exercise routines. From sit-ups, push-ups, and squats to jumping rope, lateral jumps, and simple chair dips, choose one of the seven “packages” of body-toning moves when your day calls for Bob’s “metabolic conditioning.”
• Jumpstart Recipes: Cleansing or juice fasting? No way! You need to eat to lose weight, so here are twenty-one days of slimmingly delicious recipes—including “Peanut Butter and Jelly” Oatmeal, Sweet Potato Hash, Spaghetti Squash Bolognese, Buffalo Chicken Salad, and Bob’s signature Shrimp Skimpy—formulated with your Jumpstart protein/carb/fat proportions (see Rule #1!) and calorie maximums in mind.
In Bob Harper’s #1 New York Times bestselling book The Skinny Rules, the trusted trainer and coach of NBC’s The Biggest Loser laid out the twenty nonnegotiable eating rules for getting thin.
In the process of helping countless men and women reach their weight loss goals, Harper has noticed six fundamental patterns in the lifestyle choices of those who succeed long-term—from the unique way they plan ahead to how they organize their environment and social calendars to even the way they dress. With his signature authority, colorful stories, and real-world solutions, Harper draws on the most up-to-date research related to habit formation, neuroplasticity, and cognitive behavioral psychology to show how feeding your brain—“the muscle between your ears”—can wield as much control over your weight as what you put in your mouth.
With anecdotes about his clients, guided steps for adopting your new practices, and tips for integrating them into your own daily routine, Skinny Habits has everything you need to shape your body and your life!
- BURN FAT
- BUILD MUSCLE
- QUICK-FIX RECIPES
- NO GYM REQUIRED
- CHEAT EVERY OTHER DAY
Partners in Health works in 10 poorer countries to provide medical services to the poor. Among other things, their doctors have treated 75,000 cholera patients in Haiti. To find out more how you can help them help the poor, check http://www.pih.org.
Curator: John Kremer