7 Storytelling Secrets by Tim Hartman
Here are a few tips from storyteller and comedian Tim Hartman on how to tell powerful stories:
1. Don’t be spastic. Tone it down. Relax your delivery. Talks more softly.
2. Keep it simple. Use no gimmicks. Just tell the story.
3. Be enthusiastic. If you enjoy the story, your audience will enjoy the story.
4. Be relatable. “As a storyteller its your job to let people know that you’ve been in a situation just like them,” Hartman says.
5. Know your story. Be prepared. Practice. Find the heart of the story.
6. Use details. Show, don’t tell.
7. Don’t be inhibited. Reach out of your comfort zone.
The Center for Advancing Health encourages good health habits and behaviors. CFAH conducts research, communicates findings, and advocates for policies that support everyone’s ability to benefit from advances in health science. CFAH is funded by The Annenberg Foundation and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. For more information, check out http://www.cfah.org.
Curator: John Kremer