Mark Bittman: 5 Commandments for Better Eating
Mark Bittman’s 5 Commandments for Better Eating
1. Go mostly vegan. Don’t eat animal products before 6:00 p.m.
2. Minimize the meat. Cut the portions of meat you used to eat.
3. Weigh yourself regularly. Use your weight as an indicator of whether you are eating too much.
4. Cut yourself some slack. No single meal matters. No single day matters. What matters is the pattern of your eating.
5. Make it your own. Use these rules as a guide. Figure out what works for you.
Excerpted from Food Matters: A Guide to Conscious Eating by Mark Bittman
City Harvest collects almost 115,000 pounds of surplus food every day from restaurants, grocers, wholesalers, and farmers to distribute to 600 community food programs in New York City. Find out more about this great program at http://www.cityharvest.org.
Curator: John Kremer