Infographic: 5 Advantages of Drinking Water in the Morning
Five advantages of drinking water in the morning . . .
1. Water balances the lymph system. These glands help you perform your daily functions, balance your body fluids, and fight infection.
2. Water helps your skin glow. Water helps to purge toxins from your blood, which helps to keep your skin clear and glowing.
3. Water helps with weight loss. Drinking at least 16 ounces of chilled water can boost your metabolism by 24% in the morning.
4. Water increases the production of new blood and muscle cells.
5. Drinking water on an empty stomach purifies the colon, making it easier to absorb nutrients.
Ocean Conservancy works to protect the ocean and its inhabitants. Motto: Start a sea change. For more information, check out http://www.oceanconservancy.org.
Remember these three things that Ocean Conservancy works to protect:
1. The Land-Sea Connection – What we do on land directly affects the ocean, especially the runoff from lawns, farms, streets, parking lots, and more. To prevent runoff, you can do the following.
- Plant a buffer zone of tall grasses, shrubs, and trees to filter runoff.
- Use less or no fertilizer, especially chemical fertilizer.
- Wash your car on the lawn, not the driveway.
- Plant trees. Trees help to clean water.
2. Everything flows downstream. The ocean is downstream of everything. And the ocean does not have an endless capacity to absorb waste.
- Decrease your water use at home.
- Don’t use your toilet as a trash can or garbage disposal.
- Sweep walks and driveways rather than hosing them down.
- Empty your swimming pool or hot tub on the grass, not into the street.
- Don’t top off your gas tank (so you can avoid spills).
3. Recreate, but not recklessly. When swimming, boating, fishing, diving, and enjoying the beach, take care to leave no trash or waste behind.
- Retrieve all your play gear, especially plastics and fishing lines which can injure seabirds, turtles, fish, and other sea live.
- Drive your boat so your wake doesn’t damage water plants or sea life.
- Rinse your boat on the spot after taking it out of the water so you don’t spread hitchhiking plants or organisms, especially invasive species.
- Carry out whatever you carry in when visiting beaches.
- Don’t remove coral, breakwater plants, etc.