12 Crucial Elements Every Homepage Should Have
Your home page is probably the most important page on your website. Because so much of your website traffic goes first to your home page, it’s crucial for that page to convert visits into leads and sales.
These 12 elements are critical to an effective home page conversion rate.
1. Headline – A clear and simple headline will tell visitors what your site is all about.
2. Sub-Headline – Showcase your offer in clear language.
3. Benefits – Describe why what you offer matters.
4. Calls to Action – Include multiple calls to action so visitors clearly know what you’d like them to do.
5. Features – Besides noting the benefits of your website, also showcase its features.
6. Customer Proof – Feature testimonials from previous users of your site.
7. Success Indicators – Feature success stories, awards, and other recognitions.
8. Navigation – Set up a simple, clear navigation so visitors can find the content you want them to find.
9. Supporting Image – Videos or clear images featuring what you offer support those visitors who are visually oriented.
10. Content Offer – Offer a piece of great content to encourage visitors to sign up for your newsletter. An ebook or whitepaper works best.
11. Resources – The vast majority of first-time visitors are not ready to buy. If you want them to come back, offer them a good number of resource pages that will bring them back for more.
12. Secondary Calls to Action – Include additional calls to action as visitors scroll down your page – in your sidebars, the end of your blog posts, in the footer of your page, etc.