10 Facts You Might Not Know about Wal-Mart
1. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.
2. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of every day.
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot, Kroger, Target, Sears, Costco, and K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart, the world’s largest private employer, employs 1.6 million people.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and they did this in only 15 years.
8. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
9. Wal-Mart has approximately 3,900 stores in the US of which more than 1,900 are Super Centers.
10. This year 7.2 billion purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores.
In celebration of American Heart Month (February) . . . The American Heart Association works to teach people how to identify heart attacks and strokes as well as funds research and treatment for heart disease. Donate via http://www.americanheart.org, or by calling 800-242-8721.
Curator: John Kremer