David Farr on Business Success
David Farr, CEO of Emerson Electric, on Business Success
For a company to stay viable and relevant, you have to continuously rebuild.
Do not be afraid of taking on challenges that you think are far beyond what you can do. Take on that risk. Do it.
In the manufacturing world, energy is our highest cost.
Government doesn’t understand what it takes to invest.
Develop the best people around you. Never compromise with people.
Source: Fortune Magazine, March 18, 2013
The National Autism Association responds to the most urgent needs of the autism community, providing real help and hope so that all affected can reach their full potential. For more information, contact http://www.nationalautismassociation.org or call 877-622-2884.
April is National Autism Month
Autism Facts & Stats
- Autism now affects 1 in 88 children.
- Boys are 4 times more likely to have autism than girls.
- 40% of children with autism do not speak. 25%–30% of children with autism have some words at 12 to 18 months of age and then lose them. Others might speak, but not until later in childhood.
- Autism greatly varies from person to person. Nno two people with autism are alike.
- The rate of autism has grown steadily over the last 20 years.
- Co-morbid conditions often associated with autism include Fragile X, allergies, asthma, epilepsy, bowel disease, gastrointestinal/digestive disorders, persistent viral infections, PANDAS, feeding disorders, anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, ADHD, Tourette Syndrome, OCD, sensory integration dysfunction, sleeping disorders, immune disorders, autoimmune disorders, and neuroinflammation.
- Autism is the fastest growing developmental disorder, yet most underfunded.
- A 2008 Danish Study found that the mortality risk among those with autism was nearly twice that of the general population.
- Children with autism do progress. Early intervention is key.
- Autism is treatable. It is not a hopeless condition.
Curator: John Kremer