9 Simple Steps to Happiness Infographic
9 Simple Steps to Happiness
1. Buy Bliss – Buying experiences rather than things maximizes your happiness.
2. Get Older – As kids leave home, women have more time to nurture themselves. So do men.
3. Forget Self-Improvement – Basking in what’s great about yourself is more effective than trying to fix what’s not.
4. Make Tough Stuff Work – Even troubles can have silver linings.
5. Spend 21 Minutes Focusing on Your Relationship – A good marriage takes effort and time. Take a little time to ask each other key questions. 7 minutes of reflection 3 times a year makes a difference.
6. Try a Tearjerker – The more sadness people experience during a movie, the greater their feelings of happiness were afterwards.
7. Love Your Commute – Stop focusing on the traffic. Instead, think about something you are thankful for. People who give thanks are more content.
8. Take Credit for Giving – Giving to charity brings more happiness than spending money on yourself.
9. Fake It Till You Feel It – The mere act of smiling can cheer you up.
Partners in Health works in 10 poorer countries to provide medical services to the poor. Among other things, their doctors have treated 75,000 cholera patients in Haiti. To find out more how you can help them help the poor, check http://www.pih.org.
Curator: John Kremer