This infographic reveals 18 things that mentally strong people (high achievers) do that low achievers don’t. These points are adapted from several blog posts featured on Forbes.com during the past month.
1. They move on. They don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
2. They keep control. They don’t give away their power.
3. They embrace change. They welcome challenges.
4. They stay happy. They don’t complain. They don’t waste energy on things they can’t control.
5. They are kind, fair, and unafraid to speak up. They don’t worry about pleasing other people.
6. They are willing to take calculated risks. They weigh the risks and benefits before taking action.
7. They invest their energy in the present. They don’t dwell on the past.
8. They accept full responsibility for their past behavior. They don’t make the same mistake over and over.
9. They celebrate other people’s success. They don’t resent that success. They also celebrate their own success.
10. They are willing to fail. They don’t give up after failing. They see every failure as a chance to improve.
11. They enjoy their time alone. They don’t fear being alone.
12. They are prepared to work and succeed on their own merits. They don’t feel the world owes them anything.
13. They have staying power. They don’t expect immediate results.
14. They evaluate their core beliefs — and modify as needed.
15. They expend their mental energy wisely. They don’t spend time on unproductive thoughts.
16. They think productively. They replace negative thoughts with productive thoughts.
17. They tolerate discomfort. They accept their feelings without being controlled by them.
18. They reflect on their progress every day. They take time to consider what they’ve achieved and where they are going.
See also . . .
100 Ways to Say Great to Support Others – http://infographicaday.com/100-ways-to-say-great-to-support-others
9 Simple Steps to Happiness – http://infographicaday.com/9-simple-steps-to-happiness-infographic
10 Signs That You Are Truly Happy — http://infographicaday.com/happiness-infographic-10-signs-that-you-are-truly-happy
10 Things You Must Give Up to Move Forward – http://infographicaday.com/10-things-you-must-give-up-to-move-forward
15 Things to Give Up If You Want to Be Happy — http://infographicaday.com/15-things-to-give-up-if-you-want-to-be-happy
20 Ways to Get What You Want – http://infographicaday.com/20-ways-to-get-what-you-want
22 Things Happy People Do Differently – http://infographicaday.com/22-things-happy-people-do-differently
Concern Worldwide – 100% of donations to Your Dollar Our Future go to Haiti to repair and build schools, train teachers, and provide desks, books, chairs, and learning resources. Since 1994, Concern Worldwide has been working in Haiti to transform lives through education, healthcare, small business development, and emergency response. Web: http://www.yourdollarourfuture.org.
Curator: John Kremer