This infographic reveals 18 things that mentally strong people (high achievers) do that low achievers don’t. These points are adapted from several blog posts featured on Forbes.com during the past month.
1. They move on. They don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
2. They keep control. They don’t give away their power.
3. They embrace change. They welcome challenges.
4. They stay happy. They don’t complain. They don’t waste energy on things they can’t control.
5. They are kind, fair, and unafraid to speak up. They don’t worry about pleasing other people.
6. They are willing to take calculated risks. They weigh the risks and benefits before taking action.
7. They invest their energy in the present. They don’t dwell on the past.
8. They accept full responsibility for their past behavior. They don’t make the same mistake over and over.
9. They celebrate other people’s success. They don’t resent that success. They also celebrate their own success.
10. They are willing to fail. They don’t give up after failing. They see every failure as a chance to improve.
11. They enjoy their time alone. They don’t fear being alone.
12. They are prepared to work and succeed on their own merits. They don’t feel the world owes them anything.
13. They have staying power. They don’t expect immediate results.
14. They evaluate their core beliefs — and modify as needed.
15. They expend their mental energy wisely. They don’t spend time on unproductive thoughts.
16. They think productively. They replace negative thoughts with productive thoughts.
17. They tolerate discomfort. They accept their feelings without being controlled by them.
18. They reflect on their progress every day. They take time to consider what they’ve achieved and where they are going.
Expanding on her viral post that has become an international phenomenon, a psychotherapist offers simple yet effective solutions for increasing mental strength and finding happiness and success in life.
As a licensed clinical social worker, college psychology instructor, and psychotherapist, Amy Morin has seen countless people choose to succeed despite facing enormous challenges. That resilience inspired her to write 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do, a web post that instantly went viral, and was picked up by the Forbes website.
Morin’s post focused on the concept of mental strength, how mentally strong people avoid negative behaviors—feeling sorry for themselves, resenting other people’s success, and dwelling on the past. Instead, they focus on the positive to help them overcome challenges and become their best.
In this inspirational, affirmative book, Morin expands upon her original message, providing practical strategies to help readers avoid the thirteen common habits that can hold them back from success. Combining compelling anecdotal stories with the latest psychological research, she offers strategies for avoiding destructive thoughts, emotions, and behaviors common to everyone.
Like physical strength, mental strength requires healthy habits, exercise, and hard work. Morin teaches you how to embrace a happier outlook and arms you to emotionally deal with life’s inevitable hardships, setbacks, and heartbreaks—sharing for the first time her own poignant story of tragedy, and how she summoned the mental strength to move on. As she makes clear, mental strength isn’t about acting tough; it’s about feeling empowered to overcome life's challenges.
Descubre con Amy Morin que un líder, un innovador, un emprendedor no tienen límites, y nunca, harían lo siguiente:
1.,,No pierden el tiempo autocompadeciéndose.
2.,,No regalan su poder.
3.,,No evitan el cambio.
4.,,No se concentran en lo que no pueden controlar.
5.,,No se preocupan por complacer a los demás.
6.,,No temen arriesgarse.
7.,,No viven en el pasado.
8.,,No repiten los mismos errores.
9.,,No les duele el éxito de los demás.
10.,,No se rinden tras un fracaso.
11.,,No temen a la soledad.
12.,,No sienten que el mundo les debe algo.
13.,,No esperan resultados inmediatos.
Do you struggle with reaching your goals? Stop and look closely at your habits! Now think about all the dreams you’ve had; the ways you have hoped to make the most of your life. Ask yourself honestly: Am I living my dreams? Do I really want my life to look just like it looks now?
Probably not. I’m guessing there are a few things you would change about your current lifestyle, no matter how well things are going.
So what can you change about yourself in order to live the life of your dreams?
The answer is simple: I believe that examining and working with your habits is the most powerful action you can take. And there are five powerful habits in particular that can help you to become a mentally strong person—the kind of person who is most likely to accomplish what you really want to accomplish.
RIGHT NOW: Become a Mentally Strong Person to Get Immediate Results
It’s not as difficult as you might think to reach all your goals and become a mentally strong person. Really, all you have to do is form the same habits used by countless successful people and make them part of your daily routine.
By “upgrading” your daily habits in a way that will serve your best interests, you can begin to quickly and easily make changes in your actions and attitudes; changes that will have a huge impact on how you live the rest of your life.
In the book "Be Your Best Self! Five Powerful Habits of a Mentally Strong Person" you will discover the five most powerful habits that you can master to make your life amazing.
Download: "Be Your Best Self! Five Powerful Habits of a Mentally Strong Person" and reach your dreams by changing your habits starting today!
Here is what you’ll learn:
- How habits are born
- How you can develop as many habits as you want, without a lot of effort
- Which habits will help you to become a positive person, a person who attracts positive experiences
- How you can open the treasure chest of your imagination and the locked-up solutions to all your problems
- How to think like a champion
- How you can be among the people who are the happiest, who cope with stressful situations better, and who have the greatest achievements
- How to easily achieve dreams that formerly seemed impossible
In other words, you’ll learn how to manage your inner resources, your mindset, and your motivation to maximize your positive behaviors and minimize the negative ones, producing results that will seem almost miraculous!
This book is a small gem, packed with profound advice on how to live your daily life on a grand scale -- no more “playing small” and “getting by.” It’s time to BE who you KNOW you want to be, and this book can help you get there.
Don’t wait any longer to live the life you’ve dreamed of. Buy this book today and make your life amazing!
5 Things Mentally Strong People Do
Today only, get this Amazon bestseller for just $0.99. Regularly priced at $4.99. Read on your PC, Mac, smart phone, tablet or Kindle device.
Do you think that your life can get better and happier if you use strategies that are effective in regulating emotions?
The truth is, EQ is more important than IQ. You can be the brightest person in the room, but it is the warmest and friendliest person who gets the attention.
Emotionally intelligent people are able to show their feelings without hurting other people. They are open to new things and experiences. They also find it easy to mingle with all kinds of individuals. Moreover, they are able to deal with stress and pressure gracefully.
Emotional intelligence is a skill that you can learn. With continuous training and practice, you can improve your EQ. This book talks about the things you have to do to improve your mental and emotional strength.
In this book, I’ll tell you all about:
- Mental strength
- Emotional intelligence and its major categories
- How to get rid of your negative emotions and empower positive ones
- How to deal with painful experiences from your past
- How to forgive yourself and other people
- How to live a life without being too mindful of other people’s judgments and opinions
- Hot to get rid of stress and achieve self-empowerment
- And many, many more!
Download your copy today!
Take action today and download this book for a limited time discount of only $0.99!
See also . . .
100 Ways to Say Great to Support Others – http://infographicaday.com/100-ways-to-say-great-to-support-others
9 Simple Steps to Happiness – http://infographicaday.com/9-simple-steps-to-happiness-infographic
10 Signs That You Are Truly Happy — http://infographicaday.com/happiness-infographic-10-signs-that-you-are-truly-happy
10 Things You Must Give Up to Move Forward – http://infographicaday.com/10-things-you-must-give-up-to-move-forward
15 Things to Give Up If You Want to Be Happy — http://infographicaday.com/15-things-to-give-up-if-you-want-to-be-happy
20 Ways to Get What You Want – http://infographicaday.com/20-ways-to-get-what-you-want
22 Things Happy People Do Differently – http://infographicaday.com/22-things-happy-people-do-differently
Concern Worldwide – 100% of donations to Your Dollar Our Future go to Haiti to repair and build schools, train teachers, and provide desks, books, chairs, and learning resources. Since 1994, Concern Worldwide has been working in Haiti to transform lives through education, healthcare, small business development, and emergency response. Web: http://www.yourdollarourfuture.org.
Curator: John Kremer