10 Things You Must Give Up to Move Forward: What you must give up (it’s easy!) to keep moving forward.
1. Give up letting the opinions of others control your life. It’s not what others think. It’s what you think about yourself that counts.
2. Give up the shame of past failures. Your past does not equal your future.
3. Give up being indecisive about what you want. You will never leave where you are until you decide where you’d rather be.
4. Give up procrastinating on the goals that matter to you. The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.
5. Give up choosing to do nothing. Every day is a new chance to choose.
6. Give up your need to be right. Aim for success, but never give up your right to be wrong.
7. Give up running from problems that should be fixed. Face these issues. Fix these problems.
8. Give up making excuses rather than decisions. Decide and act.
9. Give up overlooking the positive points in your life. Be thankful for the good things in your life.
10. Give up not appreciating the present moment. The greatest part of life is made up of little things.
A Tribute to Stephen Covey
See also: 15 Things to Give Up If You Want to Be Happy – http://infographicaday.com/15-things-to-give-up-if-you-want-to-be-happy
Operation Community Restore works to eradicate homelessness and preserve the family. They provide assistance to working families experiencing or facing homelessness. For more information, go to http://www.operationcommunityrestore.org.
Curator: John Kremer