Infographic: The Power of Napping
The 5 kinds of naps:
- The Nano Nap – 10 to 20 seconds
- The Micro Nap – 2 to 5 minutes
- The Mini Nap – 5 to 20 minutes
- The Power Nap – 20 minutes
- The Lazy Man’s Nap – 50 to 90 minutes
And the benefits of napping:
- Decreases daytime sleepiness by 10%
- Elevates mood by 11%
- Improves quality of interactions by 10%
- Increases stamina by 11%
- Elevates alertness by 11%
- Enhances mental abilities by 9%
- Increases physical health by 6%
- Decreases the time it takes to fall asleep at night by 14%
- Increases ability to stay asleep through the night by 12%
- Increases refreshed feeling upon waking by 5%
- Increases nighttime sleep by 20 minutes
This miracle drug is, in fact, nothing more than the nap: the right nap at the right time. The work of Sara C. Mednick, Ph.D., a researcher at the Salk Institute and the leading authority on the study of the nap, Take a Nap! Change Your Life. is the scientifically-based breakthrough program that shows how we can fight the fatigue epidemic—which afflicts an estimated 50 million Americans—through a custom-designed nap. Take a Nap! Change Your Life. explains the five stages of the sleep cycle, particularly Stage Two, Slow Wave Sleep, and REM, and the benefits each one provides; how to assess your tiredness and set up a personal sleep profile; and how to neutralize the voice in your head that tells you napping is a sign of laziness. (Not that anyone would have called JFK, Churchill, Einstein, or Napoleon a slug-a-bed.) Using the unique Nap Wheel on the cover and interior graphs and charts, it shows us exactly when our optimum napping time is, and exactly how long we should try to sleep—even how it’s possible to design a nap to inspire creativity one day, and the next day design one to help us with our memory. There are tips on how to create the right nap environment, a 16-step technique for falling asleep, a six-week napping workbook, and more.
Here’s a picture book that is sure to ring true in every family with more than one child. With minimal text and raucous illustrations, this laugh-out-loud, spot-on picture book is also a perfect portrait of a mischievous kid at her imaginative best.
Looking for comfort while traveling or resting?
Experience Maximum Neck Relief With The Healthiest Neck Pillows on The Planet
Thanks to its revolutionary Bamboo Therapy Neck Pillow shredded memory foam inner, our travel pillow will cradle your head and neck in a gentle hug for correct alignment of nerves, tendons and muscles whether you sleep on a train, car or plane.
* This high quality inner is long lasting and promises a pillow that will not go flat.
* The bamboo textiles in our neck pillow create an agent called bamboo kahuna which makes it naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial, rejecting and preventing the absorption of dust mites and germs.
* These natural qualities in bamboo can help with odor-causing bacteria, reduce allergies and may help you breathe cleaner and deeper.
* Easy to carry anywhere you go with a highly convenient pack-and-go carrying bag.
* Incredibly light weight with utmost durability.
* Our bamboo pillows are machine washable in warm water; air dry.
Lifetime Warranty Included With Your Purchase!
* If you encounter at any time a problem with your neck pillow you simply write to us and we will get you a new travel pillow at no cost.
* Have questions? We love to hear from our customers. Write to us at any time and we will always get back to you the same day.
Get Your Bamboo Neck and Travel Pillow Today! The Highest Quality Neck Pillow You Will Ever Own. Guaranteed!
Make-A-Wish Foundation helps to fulfill the wishes of seriously ill children. Join this Season of Wishes by going to http://www.wish.org/SeasonofWishes. Make-a-Wish sponsors change lives — for wish kids, for their families, and for their communities.