16 Unusual Uses for Cucumbers
16 Great Uses for Cucumbers – They’re not just for eating!
1. Anti-Wrinkle — Sliced cucumbers applied to your skin tighten the collagen in your skin, thus ridding you of wrinkles, cellulite, and puffiness around your eyes.
2. Hangover Relief — Cucumbers are high in B vitamins and electrolytes. Eat half a cucumber before bed to avoid hangovers or headaches.
3. Sunburn Treatment — No aloe? No worries! Rub a slice of cucumber on sunburns or irritated skin.
4. Pest Control — Repel garden pests by placing a small pie tin with 3 or 4 cucumber slices in your garden. Replace every two weeks.
5. Bad Breath Relief — Place a slice of cucumber on the roof of your mouth. Hold it there for 30 seconds. It kills the bacteria in your mouth.
6. Squeak Eliminator — Rub a cucumber on hinges to eliminate squeaks.
7. Shoe Polish — Rub a slice of cucumber on your shoe to shine it. Also repels water off shoes.
8. Crayon Remover — To remove crayon and pen marks on walls, simply take an unpeeled cucumber and rub the crayon off.
9. Constipation Relief — Cucumber seeds are diuretic. Eat a whole cucumber to get relief.
10. Mirror Defogger — Rub a slice of cucumber on your mirrors before showering and it will keep your mirrors clear and fog-free.
11. Cholesterol Reducer — Eating cucumbers regularly will help lower cholesterol.
12. Tarnish Remover — A cucumber slice can eliminate any tarnish with a simple rub. You can remove years of tarnish while leaving your stainless steel appliances, faucets, and more streak free.
13. Lower Blood Pressure — A regular diet of cucumbers helps to lower blood pressure.
14. Energy Booster — Replace coffee and energy drinks with a cucumber. The B vitamins and carbohydrates give you a long-lasting and healthier boost of energy.
15. Cheap Facial — Boil a sliced-up cucumber. Remove from the heat, lean over the pot, and let the steam clean your pores.
16. Munchies Relief — Eat cucumbers for more energy and to relieve the munchies. Cucumbers are a great low-calorie snack.
Growing your own food is the noblest tradition that man has ever adopted and the good thing is that this book
How To Grow Your Garden: Rewarding crops and practice guidelines: Courgette, Cucumber, Elephant garlic, Jerusalem artichoke, quinoa, Spinach, Strawberries, Tomatillos, tomato, Vines will teach you the A to Z of growing an organic vegetable garden, and you will love it a lot.
The book was created by an expert in gardening, a man who has grown his vegetables for many years, bringing in a bountiful harvest every year. This is a holistic book because it doesn’t leave anything to chance. It starts from the bare basics, that is, from identifying the space to creating a raised bed, to weeding, seed selection and all the way to the harvesting. You will also learn why you should use organic fertilizer, where to get it from and how to use bugs to control pest infestation in your garden. You will also learn where to order such healthy bugs in your garden. And we do not leave technology behind because we bring you information about popular gardening apps that you can use to manage your garden. That way, you can be in touch with your garden wherever you go, even when you are on the go. How To Grow Your Vegetable Garden: Rewarding crops and practice guidelines: Courgette, Cucumber, Elephant garlic, Jerusalem artichoke, quinoa, Spinach, Strawberries, Tomatillos, tomato, Vines is written to make you a constant gardener even when you are a fresh beginner.
Action for Healthy Kids partners with schools to promote healthy eating and daily exercise. For more information, webinars, and trainings, see: http://www.actionforhealthykids.org.
Curator: John Kremer