Infographic: The Top Five Medical Discoveries
The top 5 medical discoveries in history, with detailed info on each discovery via this infographic from Carrington College.
Click on the following link to see a larger and more readable version of this infographic: http://www.infographicaday.com/wp-content/Top-5-Medical-Discoveries-Infographic-Larger.htm
In Clean Gut, Alejandro Junger, M.D, New York Times bestselling author of Clean and creator of the world-famous Clean Program, delivers a complete toolkit for reversing disease and sustaining life-long health.
All of today’s most-diagnosed ailments can be traced back to an injured and irritated gut. The gut is an intricate and powerful system, naturally designed to protect and heal the body every moment of every day And yet for far too many of us, this remarkable system is in disrepair, which leads to all kinds of health problems—from extra pounds, aches and pains, allergies, mood swings, and lack of libido, to heart disease, cancer, autoimmune disorders, insomnia, and depression.
But we no longer have to be sick to get healthy. In this groundbreaking program, Alejandro Junger, M.D. explains how instead of treating the symptoms as they arise, we can preemptively attack disease before it takes root in the gut.
No matter your current state of health, you will benefit from this program: Clean Gut will help you put an end to everyday ailments, reverse chronic disease, and achieve true, long-lasting health.
And use that same product to strengthen and build your hair?
Plus get the added bonus of contributing to the health of your brain and memory?
And do all that with one affordable product that doesn't break the bank!
Not knowing what I'm going to teach you in this book kept me in the same old loop... struggling with weight and fat that just wouldn't budge... seeing my hair thin and break for absolutely no reason, regardless of how good my diet was... having to use sticky-notes to remember almost everything!
Learning to use coconut oil was a game changer for me and it can be for you, too.
I've been involved in natural healing for over 30 years, in my personal life, as a researcher and a practitioner. I know how long it takes to find reliable information and then figure out how to use it effectively. I've done that for you here.
In this book you are going to learn:
* How coconut oil, milk and water can rehydrate your skin, triple your metabolism and burn off the fat staring back at you in the mirror.
* The exact type of coconut oil to buy. Purchase the wrong kind and you're hurting yourself, not helping.
* How much coconut oil you should take for weight loss vs. enhancing memory. These are not the same.
* An ancient Ayurvedic technique that can help you to reduce bad breath, plaque and gingivitis.
* How to make your own coconut milk and save big.
* Over 30 additional uses of coconut oil and how you can use it to replace expensive products and save even more money.
Follow the advice in this book and you can start burning the fat, saving your hair and improving your health.
Carol, a housewife from Arizona says: “I lost 6 pounds in 5 weeks without dieting, and now never worry about bad breath.”
Don't stay stuck in that rut, just wishing and getting nowhere. Be the person you want to be and have the health you want to live.
What's stopping you from achieving the health and body you deserve?
You are minutes away from the solution you need. Scroll to the top and click the “buy now” button.
THE 30-DAY HEART TUNE-UP takes readers step by step through a revolutionary program to tune up their hearts, energy, waistlines, and sex lives, with 60 delicious recipes to help jump-start a heart-healthy diet.
Happy Accidents is a fascinating, entertaining, and highly accessible look at the surprising role serendipity has played in some of the most important medical discoveries in the twentieth century. What do penicillin, chemotherapy drugs, X-rays, Valium, the Pap smear, and Viagra have in common? They were each discovered accidentally, stumbled upon in the search for something else. In the 1990s, Pfizer had high hopes for a new drug that would boost blood flow to the heart. As they conducted trials on angina sufferers, researchers noted a startling effect: while the drug did not affect blood flow to the heart, it did affect blood flow elsewhere! Now over six million American men have taken Viagra in their lifetime.
Winston Churchill once said, Men occasionally stumble across the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened.” Within the scientific community, a certain stigma is attached to chance discovery because it is wrongly seen as pure luck. Happy accidents certainly happen every day, but it takes intelligence, insight, and creativity to recognize a Eureka, I found what I wasn't looking for!” moment and know what to do next. In discussing medical breakthroughs, Dr. Morton Meyers makes a cogent, highly engaging argument for a more creative, rather than purely linear, approach to science. And it may just save our lives!
The landmark guide to internal medicine―
updated and streamlined for today’s students and clinicians
A Doody's Core Title for 2015.
All eChapters in the Nineteenth Edition are accessible online as well as on the DVD packaged within the print volumes, so you have the flexibility of using the method of access most convenient to you.
Through six decades, no resource has matched the authority, esteemed scholarship, and scientific rigor of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. Capturing the countless advances and developments across the full span of medicine, the new 19th edition of Harrison’s provides a complete update of essential content related to disease pathogenesis, clinical trials, current diagnostic methods and imaging approaches, evidence-based practice guidelines, and established and newly approved treatment methods.
Here are just a few of the outstanding features of the new Nineteenth Edition:
- Presented in two volumes: Volume 1 is devoted to foundational principles, cardinal manifestations of disease and approach to differential diagnosis; Volume 2 covers disease pathogenesis and treatment
- NEW chapters on important topics such as Men’s Health, The Impact of Global Warming on Infectious Diseases, Fatigue, and many more
- Critical updates in management and therapeutics in Hepatitis, Coronary Artery Disease, Ebola Virus Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes, Hypertension, Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism, Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Lipoprotein Disorders, HIV and AIDS, and more.
- Increased number of the popular Harrison’s clinical algorithms; clinically relevant radiographic examples spanning hundreds of diseases; clinical-pathological images in full color; crystal clear, full color drawings and illustrations and helpful tables and summary lists that make clinical application of the content faster than ever
- Access to outstanding multi-media resources including practical videos demonstrating essential bedside procedures, physical examination techniques, endoscopic findings, cardiovascular findings, and more
Supporting the renowned coverage are supplemental resources that reflect and assist modern medical practice: more than 1,000 full-color photographs to aid visual recognition skills, hundreds of state-of-the-art radiographs, from plain film to 3D CT to PET Scans; beautiful illustrations that bring applied anatomy and processes to life; the renowned Harrison’s patient-care algorithms, essential summary tables, and practical demonstrative videos. In addition, the book’s several digital atlases highlight noninvasive imaging, percutaneous revascularization, gastrointestinal endoscopy, diagnosis and management of vasculitis, and numerous other issues commonly encountered in clinical practice.
Acclaim for Harrison’s:
“Covering nearly every possible topic in the field of medicine, the book begins with a phenomenal overview of clinical medicine, discussing important topics such as global medicine, decision-making in clinical practice, the concepts of disease screening and prevention, as well as the importance of medical disorders in specific groups (e.g. women, surgical patients, end of life). The extensive chapters that follow focus on a symptom-based presentation of disease and then illness organized by organ system. Numerous tables, graphs, and figures add further clarity to the text. The accompanying DVD includes extensive video and image collections of pathology, histology, procedures, additional lectures, and radiology…
…Written by experts in the field, this book is updated with the latest advances in pathophysiology and treatment. It is organized in a way that makes reading from beginning to end a logical journey, yet each chapter can stand alone as a quick reference on a particular topic. “